The ketogenic diet doesn’t have any carbohydrates or sugar in the menu. Mostly, there’s only bacon fat, butter and vegetables – not anything sweet. However, thinking that there aren’t any desserts in a keto diet is a myth.
One of my top favourite desserts or snacks in keto diet are Fat Bombs. If you're home and fancy something sweet Fat Bomb is the quickest solution.
You need to though prepare them beforehand as this is a frozen snack or a dessert.
Check out this super easy and delicious Frozen Fat Bomb recipe below.
FROZEN FAT BOMBS
Ingredients - about 10-12 bombs
- 1/2 cups of peanut or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of Stevia (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flakes
- Place all the ingredients in a pot and heat on medium heat for about 1 minute. Let the fat melt down slightly, but don’t make it too liquid.
- Whisk together the ingredients and pour the mixture into ice cube trays. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Take the fat bombs out of the freezer and pop them out of the tray.
- When you don't eat them right away, you can store them in the freezer for about a few weeks
Nutritional value of 1 Frozen Fat Bomb: 130 kcal, 4 g protein, 12 g fat, 1 g net carbs